In this role, you will develop and direct multifaceted communications
programs; manage media relations, social media, conference and exhibit participation, executive visibility and partnership outreach efforts for clients; and serve as a relationship manager for fellow team members and clients. Our clients will depend on you to offer smart ideas, be an organized project manager and strong writer, and execute communications plans in ways that deliver measurable results.
The ideal candidate may have background in energy and environment programs and/or experience leading government communications programs, but these are not requirements. In addition, the candidate is also expected to participate in firm marketing activities and mentoring associate staff.
• Develop innovative, results-oriented communications plans and other strategic planning
documents for client review.
• Manage traditional and digital programs for clients by understanding their needs, monitoring relevant news and online platforms, uncovering placement opportunities and generating positive coverage.
• Plan and execute conference and exhibit programs for clients attending academic and industry conferences.
• Deliver external positioning for clients, including trade associations and federal government agency clients.
• Write client planning memos and reports, key messages, fact sheets, news releases, talking points, web pages, blog posts, Op-Eds, grassroots email correspondence, ad copy and other persuasive materials.
• Manage web content, social media communities and potential e-mail marketing campaigns.
• Initiate and manage productive partnerships with third-party stakeholders relevant to the client.
• Work with in-house creative team to develop digital and print materials for clients.
• Provide logistical and onsite support for media events, trade shows and conferences.
• Analyze project results within the client’s overall program.
• Share actively in recommendations, ideas and strategic responses to client situations with
internal account teams.
• Contribute to firm marketing activities, proposals and in-person pitches.
• Motivate and mentor colleagues to encourage professional growth and exceptional client
• A bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience supporting and managing communications campaigns and/or communicating on public affairs issues, with agency experience strongly preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered.
• Honesty, integrity and a commitment to the highest professional standards.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Superb attention to detail.
• Experience with both traditional and digital media relations.
• Experience with conferences, trade shows and exhibit programs.
• Experience developing or managing partnerships.
• Familiarity with emerging trends and tools, particularly for online and mobile communications.
• Strong interest in contributing to the firm’s growth, marketing and business development.
• Solid interpersonal and supervisory skills with ability to work in teams, as well as the initiative to work independently.
• Familiarity with tools such as Cision, Factiva, Leadership Directories, SharePoint, Politico Pro, GovWin or other similar is ideal.
• Proficiency in online research and all Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
Stratacomm is an independently-owned, full-service strategic communications consultancy. With offices in Washington, DC and Detroit, the agency helps clients raise awareness, enhance reputation, shape policy and build market share. We work hard, thrive on a challenge and have a lot of fun along the way.
We are always on the lookout for talented and motivated people to join us. Creative. Collaborative. Inquisitive. Driven. Spirited. Nimble. Ethical. These attributes aren’t easily discernible from a resume. They are, however, some of the core traits Stratacomm looks for when hiring a new team member. As a client service organization, we ask a lot from our people. In return, we offer an exceptional place to work. Where people can grow personally and professionally. Where they are recognized and rewarded for bringing their best efforts forward each day. A place where people come together to do great work and have fun. For more information, visit stratacomm.net.
Stratacomm is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status in employment.